Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Dreams

Its 3 days before Christmas.
Since John’s announcement, to our Dork Tower fans asking them to open their hearts and help Dawn, and I.
 I have been thinking on the last few days and the overwhelming support that we have received. All of this selfless generosity makes me sad, but not in an emotional state of unhappiness that everyone has given to us. It’s just; I have never felt appreciated in this way since my time working for Pegasus Games.
The last nine years, I have worked at two separate jobs, and I will tell you, they have not been very satisfying. When I was at the store, every monument working there I felt a purpose. Helping people to find something that brought them pleasure, and enjoyment. It was like I had gained an inner peace to my life when I opened the door for that day, and greeted that first customer who walked in. A few years ago, I came across a piece of philosophical quote, by Confucius. It said “Choose a job you love, and you will never work a day in your life”.
When I read it, it clicked. I realized that I was meant to sell games, and hopefully bring smiles to people’s life by sharing my views on how to enjoy everything while you spend time here on this wonderful and chaotic earth. Through all the trials, and tribulations I have endured, I know deep down that if I had not been working in the store on the day John K. walked in and pitched his idea of a little comic strip called Dork Tower, “though at the time it was not called that when he was working on it”. I would have missed out on a great idea, and being a small inspiration to him, at being Igor.
I guess what I’m trying to say to you all is I will never be able to express how much this has mean to both Dawn and I, but I will never stop trying to be true to the idea of doing something I know I’m good at, and that is GAMES, and being a Dork! I hope to get back to that in some way, either by finding a job, or making it myself by running my own store.
HUZZAH! And Merry Christmas to you all!
THANK YOU JOHN!

No comments:

Post a Comment